OTWorld 2018: Wheelchairs with customer fit
Live treatments demonstrated in the special show, the Technical Rehabilitation Forum.
The circumstances in which people are provided with wheelchairs are highly various and individual. OTWorld 2018 will be providing an overview of rehabilitation technology in expert patient care.
Since 2012, visitors to OTWorld have regularly been able to get practical insights into the multi-faceted tasks involved in rehabilitation technology. While the focus has been on the medical care of children, and especially the production of seat support orthoses, the Technical Forum for Rehabilitation 2018 will be considering various indication-related care processes for adults.
Live presentations: from standard issue to individualised treatment
Different key topics as:
- constructing special electric wheelchairs, environmental control,
- expert care with adaptive wheelchairs and positioning systems,
- geriatric patients, care of patients,
- patients with complex medical-care models,
- patients with MS, ALS, auto-immune diseases,
- special sizes and
- XXL / obesity
will be presented by members of the treatment team, with the help of specific patient cases. Specially for OTWorld, leading companies have joined forces in the rehabilitation technology working group and will be demonstrating their expertise in the field. Through a consideration of indication-led treatments, they will present a spectrum of treatment options ranging from standard-issue treatments to highly complex individual approaches.
In addition, a legal expert will be on hand to lead a discussion on the legal aspects and a variety of issues relating to treatments involving the use of wheelchairs.
These presentations will take place every day on the stage in the Technical Rehabilitation Forum, part of the exhibition area devoted to the German Association of Orthopaedic Technology, in Hall 3. Immediately adjacent to the stage is a display area where visitors are invited to examine and try out the orthopaedic aids used in the stage demonstrations.
The working group rehabilitation technology
- Leticia Aguilar, Sunrise Medical GmbH & Co. KG
- Robert Bär, Reha-aktiv GmbH
- Sascha Becker, Netti by Alu Rehab
- Heiko Denk, Netti by Alu Rehab
- Christian Franz, RTM GmbH
- Bogdan-Andreas Ghetu, Otto Bock HealthCare Deutschland GmbH
- Susanne Heine, rehaKIND
- Christiana Hennemann, rehaKIND
- Stephan Jäckel, MEYRA GmbH
- Magnus Linnhoff, Bischoff & Bischoff GmbH
- Norbert Stockmann, Bundesfachschule für Orthopädie-Technik e.V.
- Daniel Stutz, DIETZ GmbH
- Friedhelm Ziegler, Sunrise Medical GmbH & Co. KG
The International Trade Show and the World Congress OTWorld represent a unique offering for orthopaedic technicians, orthopaedic shoemakers, rehabilitation technicians, therapists and doctors, engineers, medical supplies retailers and staff of health insurance companies and healthcare funding organisations. In 2016, OTWorld attracted 21,300 visitors from 86 countries, together with 542 exhibitors from 43 nations. The steering organisation for OTWorld is the German Association of Orthopaedic Technology (Bundesinnungsverband für Orthopädie-Technik). The OTWorld brand is owned by Confairmed GmbH, who also organise the Congress. Leipziger Messe GmbH is responsible for the trade show.
Ms Karoline Nöllgen
Phone: +49 341 678 6524
Fax:: +49 341 678 166524
Pressesprecherin BIV, Bundesinnungsverband für Orthopädie-Technik
Ms Kirsten Abel
Phone: +49 231 557050-27