Youth.Academy TO: Specialised Advanced Training for Young Employees
Approximately 600 participants from Germany and abroad expected to attend the Youth.Academy TO. The Youth.Academy TO is an initiative by the German Association of Orthopaedic Technology (BIV-OT) for the interdisciplinary development of young people in technical prosthetics & orthotics as well as the specialised trade. On the 14 and 15 of May, OTWorld 2020 will once again offer a comprehensive programme for trainees and students from the fields of prosthetics, orthotics, orthopaedic footwear technology, physiotherapy, the specialist trade and medicine.
The Youth.Academy TO has become a fixture of OTWorld and will take place for the fifth time in 2020 as part of the world's largest industry meeting. During OTWorld years, the Youth.Academy TO brings a huge number of young people together at OTWorld and in intermediate years it offers a selected group of participants the opportunity to train and network with each other as part of a course adapted to their level of knowledge. The initiative is becoming more and more international, junior staff members from countries such as Belgium, the Netherlands and Poland have shown more interest in the Youth Academy. This academy was launched by trainees and teachers from the Prosthetics and Orthotics Association (ALLOF e.V.) and the German Association of Orthopaedic Technology, which is acting as the conceptual partner.
Youth Academy Programme and Advantages of the Special Ticket for OTWorld 2020
- Exclusive two-day programme at the trade show and congress: dedicated meeting point, daily get-togethers with lunch, and a networking party.
- Benefits of the Youth.Academy Ticket:
- Admission to the trade show with free travel to and from the exhibition grounds within Leipzig
- Special workshops and guided tours exclusively for Youth Academy participants
- Free admission to the congress lectures in Room 1
- Free admission to courses (please book when purchasing ticket)
- Free admission to selected events in the Retail Forum
- Youth.Academy Party for networking with warm food and cool drinks
- The Youth.Academy programme will be expanded this year to include special offers for retail trainees
- Target group: Trainees and students from the fields of prosthetics, orthotics, orthopaedic footwear technology, specialised trade, physiotherapy and medicine
After a successful debut at OTWorld 2018, another Students' Day will be held at OTWorld 2020. The event will take place in cooperation with Prof Dr Christoph Josten from the Leipzig University Hospital, the Congress President of OTWorld and the University of Leipzig. All Youth.Academy TO participants and anyone else who's interested are welcome to attend the interdisciplinary lecture on 14 May from 1:45 pm to 2:30 pm in Room 4: "Medicine 4.0 - Where is endoprosthetics today, where can it be tomorrow?”