The WalkAide™ System
The WalkAideTM System is a functional electric stimulator (FES) for the peroneal nerve addressing foot drop issues secondary to upper motor neuron dysfunctions: Stoke Multiple Sclerosis, Incomplete Spinal Injury, Cerebral Palsy and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Wireless programmable device producing effective dorsiflexion at the ankle at the optimum time during walking, improving limb clearance during swing and a safe and effective initial contact period without the need of a heel sensor.
- Maintain and improve sensory awareness mobility and safety during walking, increasing speed, specific muscle strength, endurance and/or range of motion.
- Re-establish or improve voluntary control reducing, delaying and/or reversing muscle atrophy
- Effect early gait re-training facilitating muscle re-education reducing the incidence of injury and falls.
- Increase circulation and bone density.